Discount Laptop and Laptop Accessories
Principles on how to choose batteries
Ideally, a good battery will offer a balance of the following factors:
Principles on how to choose the keyboard
Arrangement of characters
Size and number of keys
Embedded trackball or touchpad
Interface with computer
Principles on how to choose the right charger
1. Avoid battery chargers that do not have an "end of charge control" too much output current can ruin a battery in just a few hours.
2. Never leave an unregulated or so called "automatic" charger connected to your battery overnight, unless it shuts off completely.
3. Avoid the use of "trickle rate" chargers that do not have an automatic float mode or current control circuitry that is guaranteed not to overcharge your battery.
4.Keep the battery in a well ventilated environment which does not rise much above 25 deg C. Each 5 deg C above 35 deg C reduces the life by roughly one year.
5. Avoid charging any battery in a time period of less than 24 hours, unless you really need to place the battery back in service in a short time.
6. If a battery is charged slower it lasts longer.
7. Pulse type chargers with end of charge controls minimize the heat build-up during charging, while decreasing the time needed to fully charge battery.
Tips on how to choose the proper AC adapter
1.The voltage. The easiest way to check this is to turn the computer over and see if there is a voltage listed anywhere on the bottom of the machine. A sticker may be affixed with this information and other similar laptop specs listed.
2. The current output needed for the laptop adapter. This number will have an A of mA associated with it. For example, it may say something like 4.7A or 950mA. These numbers ensure that the power going to your machine will be acceptable and keep it operating within normal parameters.
3. Once these two issues have been settled, the other important step is simply to make sure the connection fits the port in your computer where it is to be plugged in. The voltage and output current of the laptop adapter will not matter if it is not able to be connected. If ordering online or if you do not have your computer, it is advisable to check this out as soon as possible.
4. As long as the numbers match, all should work nearly the same and be just as safe and effective.
5. Another thing to consider is whether you want an AC laptop adapter or DC adapter. An AC adapter is made to be plugged into any standard electrical outlet such as those in a home or office. The DC adapter is made for automobile use.